Friday, January 21, 2011

Blog Assignment 1

I was born November 18, 1988 in Pascagoula, Mississippi. I have wonderful parents who are very supportive in everything that I do. Neither of my parents attended college, so it means a lot to them for me to finish school. I have an older brother whom I share a birthday with. We are exactally 3 years apart. I also have a little sister who is ten years old. She is my heart and is spoiled rotten by me. I have a great finacee who is very supportive of me. He is always there for me no matter what.

My major is Elementary Education and I am a transfer student from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. I decided to attend the University of South Alabama because I had heard so much postive things about the education program. As a little girl I have always wanted to be a teacher. I have always been around children and working with them. I worked in a daycare for about 4 years and I also had a preschool class at my church. I love working with smaller children especially kindergarten students. I want to be a teacher that can make a difference in a child's life and be a positive role model for my students.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    I think it is great that you are pursuing your degree. My parents did not attend college and I feel your motivation. I have never done anything like this class before and think we will enjoy it as we push toward graduating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jennifer!

    Welcome to EDM310!

    I love that you said that you want to make a difference in your students life and be a positive role model for them. I think many people enter the education field because they think it will be an easy career. It's good to hear that there are teachers that truly care.

    I'm looking forward to see what you come up with this semester!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. One last thing! Be sure to add pictures, complete with title and alt modifiers for all of your upcoming posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jennifer!

    The first thing I just have to say is that we share a birthday! So that was cool to see in the very first sentence of your blog post.
    Congratulations on your engagement. I'm sure that is very exciting for you both. I saw you mentioned your little sister whom you spoil. Do you think she has inspired your passion for teaching children?
    Like Allie, I think the roots of your motivation for teaching are very respectable. Personally, I could always tell which teachers wanted to make a difference and they were always my favorite. Saying just that you've been a positive role model for me already.

    Have a good one!
    -Jacey-Blaire Chandler

    ReplyDelete