Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Post 5

Judy Scharf Podcast Collection
Judy Scharf's post had many helpful tips for a podcast. I liked how she pointed out that students love to do podcast and I agree with her. I personally believe that students love working with technology and podcast are a great tool to use. One of the benefits she listed was  that students can enhance their communication skills. That is so true because the students get to work together and talk among people and classmates. I believe that if we start our children out at a young age working with other people, it will have a positive effect on them in the end.

Eagles Nest Radio and Class Blog
The podcast I listened to was All Roads Lead to Rome. It was hard to believe that these kids are only in elementary school. The children did a great job and you can tell that the kids had there act together and they sounded professional.  I also learned some information about Rome that I didn't know. One thing that I liked was the music throughout the podcast. I think that is a great tool to add to a podcast. Overall, these kids did  awesome. I think it is fantastic what these young students are doing. They are opening themseleves up to the great uses of technology.

The Education Podcast Network
The Education Podcast Network is a great tool for teachers. It shares information about podcast programs among teachers. The teachers are able to share ideas and knowledge amongst each other. I believe this network is great for current teachers and future educators. This network shares many podcast that are very helpful. I think all teachers and future educators should use this network. The network will grow as people share information and ideas.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Jennifer!

    My name is Brittni Sasser and I am assigned to write on your blog this week! I noticed that we only used one of the same websites, "Eagles Nest Radio and Class Blog". I found this website interesting because the group of 3rd graders did their podcast on Rome. Our podcast group, also, discussed Rome. It was fun to watch their podcast and hear about the facts that they shared in comparison to our facts.

    I agree that students love working together, especially when they get to use technology! Podcasting is great in the classroom for many reasons. One is because it helps students learn to work in groups with their classmates. Another reason is it helps students learn a lot about technology. It is helpful for students to learn how to put something such as a video or audio together, put music to it, and learn to post it online.

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the websites you used and why they were important!
    If you would like to check out my blog, please do.

    http://sasserbrittniedm310.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    Thank you for your post. You did the assignment correctly and you split it up! Thanks for following the directions. I'm glad you gave your opinions and summarized.
    Thanks,
    Amberly

    ReplyDelete