Saturday, February 5, 2011

Comments for Teachers #1

Post #1- Fluency Timerchildren on laptops
My teacher was Mathew Needleman. The post that I commented to was Fluency Timer. Mr. Needleman created a software application that timed and recorded students as they read. The students were then able to listen to themseleves. After the students listened, they were able to hear their mistakes. The students were very eager to keep reading and improve their reading skills.

My Comment:
Hi! My name is Jennifer Hackney and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education and I am in micro-computing system (EDM 310). I think it is awesome that you have created a software that will help students become more fluent in reading. When I was younger, I had a hard time with reading, and it would of been great to have had this software . I love that your students are eager to read more and improve their reading skills. It is always great to see students ready to learn. Your blog is great and has awesome ideas to incorporate in your classroom. Our class blog is http://edm310.blogspot.com and my personal blog is http://hackneyjenniferedm310.blogspot.com if you would like to check it out. I look forward to your future post and talking with you.

Post #2- Close the Computer Lab
This post was by Mathew Needleman. In his post he talks about schools that have computer labs, but are not using them. The reasons why computer labs are not being used are:  the computers are barely working; the lab is not staffed; and locked labs with broken computers. Mr. Needleman suggest that schools have both, school libraries and classroom libraries. If computers are in the classroom the teachers will have constant access. Also the computers will become a great benefit for teaching and learning.

My Comment:
Mr. Needleman,
My name is Jennifer Hackney and I am a student in Dr. Stranges EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I think you brought up some good points. I like the idea of having school libraries and classroom libraries. I believe it would be great if all teachers could have computers in their classroom. When I was in high school, I can not even remember how many times I went to lab and the computers didn’t work. That was very frustrating, especially when you are trying to get work done. I look forward to your future post. My personal blog again is http://hackneyjenniferedm310.blogspot.com and my twitter is @jenniferhckny if you would like to check it out.

1 comment: